Thursday, March 16, 2006

 

Any Given Game

Every college hoops analyst assesses the upcoming games this way: If Such N Such team can execute their strengths . . .if they can stay on their hot streak . . .if they don't allow the other team to score AS MANY POINTS AS THEM. . . I mean, DUH -- but what they're basically saying is, I have no freaking idea what's about to happen in a few hours. So, the theme of this year's tournament is Any Given Game. Any given game, any given team is either brilliant or they stumble.

Which is why I love the diversity with which you guys are picking this year. Ok, so the majority of the pool is going with either UConn or Duke to take it all (yawn), but we have a few mavericks willing to gamble with an underdog champ. We've got Cheektowaga Champz boldly riding streaky Syracuse all the way. El Gato del Oro has Ohio State winning it all. BG2 is going with Memphis. There are also a few wildly underdoggish picks scattered throughout the pool that ride the fine line of genius and idiotic. But I'll tell ya, I'm kinda hoping that 3 Point Violator errs this side of genius with his San Diego State final four pick. Glowbug is thinking West Virginia will Pittsnogle their way to the final four. Schlomo and Hoftra's Hope have Iowa going to the final four over Duke. Oh, I have that pick too because those of you that know me, know that I love a legitimate (or not) cinderella. With that said, I was the only one willing to put money on Gonzaga all the way. I have an intuition that Adam Morrisson -- or as I like to call him Chico from Chico and The Man -- will have a SICK tournament; he'll carry the Zags on his Kevin McKale-like shoulders to a championship . . .and then he'll leave for the draft early and have a mediocre NBA career while J.J. Redick -- who puts the dick in Redick -- will clank his way through this tournament but go on to have a decently successful NBA career coming off of picks and shooting 25 footers for a living. But that's from where I'm standing.

And for my absolute favorite pick of the pool: TMurph's well-thought out Oral Roberts pick over Memphis. Lord, make it so!

Wait, sshhh, can't you feel it? The magic that is the madness? Me too.
Let's Do This.
The Commish

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?